L-M 4.1 Light Tactical Support Trailer.
LM 4.1. (L.T.S.T.) The next-generation in tactical off-road vehicle design.
When agility, strength, reliability and performance is paramount over all types of terrain, in all types of weather.
The L-M, CS – 4.1. is a versatile military grade platform, that is able to accommodate a wide variety of light wheeled vehicle integration and cargo transportation needs. Providing the mobility, transportability and survivability, that is critical to mission success.
Incorporating Land Force Defence & Mobility’s revolutionary new modular off road trailer chassis and independent off road suspension assembly. The L-M CS – 4.1.has been designed to negotiate the toughest of off-road conditions while also meeting stringent weight and size restrictions, allowing us to maximize compatibility with air transportability.
The main design feature of the M-H CS 4.7’s trailer frame is the 125 x 50 x 6mm C Section chassis that runs the full length of the trailer giving it maximum strength and rigidity as it negotiates rough off road terrain. The hot dipped galvanised chassis is made of Laser Cut, CNC folded C – Section open chassis members allowing for easy wash down and cleaning, with no enclosed areas where mud, sand and salt can get trapped and cause corrosion.
SECONDARY SUB FRAME
Above the main chassis you will find another secondary chassis sub frame. The upper section of the trailer is made of a combination of Aluminium and steel components. Reducing over all weight and adding strength where it is needed most. Siting above the main steel chassis rails we have introduced two 150 x 50 x 5mm Aluminium C section chassis rails. In combination with galvanised steel Decking cross members at 400mm Centers.
All cross members are individually attached to the lower aluminium chassis sub frame with M12 tensile bolts. The decking side rails are made from 5mm Zinc Plated Steel with integrated ratchet tie down points incorporated into the side rail design. The top deck can also be fitted with a variety of different load restraint and tie down points as requested.
Depending on customer load and weight requirements the decking plates can also be optioned to either 3mm galvanised steel checker plate or 4mm Aluminium plate.
The L-M CS 4.1’s suspension is built for a lifetime of Heavy Duty Off Road use with ability to incorporate interchangeable key suspension components allowing the trailer to be upgraded as your needs change. The base model is fitted standard with a coil spring/drum brake configuration with the option of upgrading to air bag and disc brakes variants at any time in the suspensions life cycle.
Incorporating our heavy duty suspension means that you are less likely to run into problems out in the field. A sturdy 63mm stub axle, extra-large 3.3T VC bearing combination, premium monotube dampers and lockable toe and camber adjusters means you can spend more time operating in remote areas and less time dealing with overheated components and maintenance problems.The suspension assembly has been mounted to a modular frame independent to the chassis. Allowing for full or partial suspension assembly replacement in the field.
TRAILER SIZE :
- Overall Vehicle Length 4.1 mtrs.
- Vehicle Deck Size: Width 2.4m Long x 1.85m Wide.
- Tray height 1.0m.
- TARE: 650 kg.
- ATM: 1,950 to 2,200Kgs.
- Ball Weight: 90 kg.
- Internal Air Transport and Sling Load Capable.
MAIN CHASSIS & UNDER BODY
- 360* Off Road Trailer Hitch.
- Full length 4.1 mtr, 125 x50 x 6mm Steel Chassis.
- 1.8 mtr frontal draw bar length.
- Twin rear heavy duty recovery points.
- Interlocking chassis cross members.
- Trailer hand brake cables.
- Front hand brake lever bash plate.
- Front D Shackle recovery point.
- A frame spare tyre mount.
- Manutec, pin locking, swivel bracket and heavy duty side wind jack stand.
- Two tie down and lift points.
PAINT COLOUR OPTIONS
- Desert Tan Satin.
- Olive Drab Matt.
- 2 – 100 x 50 x 5mm C Section Aluminium Sub frame chassis rails.
- 7 – Decking cross members at 400mm Centers.
- All decking cross members are attached to the chassis sub frame with M12 tensile bolts.
- The decking side rails are made from 4mm Zinc Plated Steel with tie down points incorporated into the side rail design.
- Decking plate is made from 4mm Aluminium plate.
- Decking plates are also attached with 6.5mm structural Rivets.
TRAILER RUNNING GEAR
- 1- 2,200 kg Independent Coil Spring Suspension assembly.
- 2 – 12 inch electric drum breaks.
- (Optional) Hydraulic Ventilated Disc Brakes and Hydra Star Pump.
- 2 – Heavy duty large bore off road shock absorbers.
- 125 x 50 x 6mm Hot dipped galvanised C section trailer chassis.
- Modular, removable suspension assembly.
MAIN CHASSIS REAR
- 2 Water proof resin filled LED trailer lamps.
- (Optional) Under tray water tank storage.
- Bolt on mud flap assembly.
- Twin under body Recovery Points.
- Rear chassis cross bar.
- Two rear tie down and lift points.
WHEELS & TYRES
- 3 – 265 / 7 5 / R 16 or 17. All terrain tyres.
- 3– 16 x 8 “ 6 stud steel rims.